- Wednesday Date Night with my boo (Kristy Lynn)!!! She is an awesome individual who was sent to me to bring out the best. We are so much alike and so different at the same time. I love her to pieces. We joke that we were separated at birth and the way we re-connected was orchestrated by the work of the gods. There’s no other way to explain that. The coolest thing??? Our birthdays are two days apart. You’ll hear lots about her over the course of this journey…I promise!!! This wouldn’t even be happening without her. I am soooooo grateful!!! She’s my angel. She’ll do anything for me and I’ll do anything for her. So don’t let the necessary occur!!! (Btw, our daughters feel the same way about each other.) We are family–not by blood but–by love!!! Oh! She knows when something is wrong with me even without talking to me. That’s my boo—my soul sister for LIFE!!!
This was the site for our first date night. The service was great!!!! http://www.citytaphouse.com/
- I got a promotion at work. Yay!!! Ummmm no!!! I love my job but the work is INSANE and leaves me exhausted. I’m now THE BOSS!!! To whom much is given, much is required. Oh!! It’s a nonprofit agency. Need I say more?
- I teach at a local college. Teach what? Math, of course. I really enjoy it!!! My next session begins tomorrow. I’m teaching Developmental Algebra. I should be working on my lesson now but I decided that writing this piece needed to happen…NOW!!! Anywho, teaching is the most rewarding job. I can’t imagine doing anything else. That’s one of the things I miss at my “day job”. I don’t have the time to teach classes there because I’m managing EVERYTHING!!! The fact that I was considered for the position is amazing! Back to teaching…well, I love to bring Math to life for adults. Oh my, I leave there exhausted but so fulfilled. I love that job and the fact that I was asked to teach another course from someone other than my supervisor made me light up. I’m being noticed. Ha! Who knew my love of teaching Math would turn into this? Definitely not me.
Know someone who needs math tutoring??? I’m working on a really cool idea. In the meantime, inquire about pricing at firstname.lastname@example.org Trust me. You will not be disappointed!!!
- I’ve lost weight!!! I stopped focusing on what I should be and just lived. I will admit that eating properly is still a struggle (if I even remember to eat). I can say that I’ve been conscious of my sugar intake and I now drink more water. I try not to eat a lot of carbs after noon. Also, I stopped consuming fast food, and soda (I’ve had maybe two 20 ounce bottles in the last few months). I have also limited my alcohol intake. I used to obsess over the scale and was disappointed every time. Now? I stepped on and awwww shucks!!! I’ve lost weight.
- I’ve also been growing my hair. I’m now at brastrap length. It’s been a long journey but I’m loving it. Are you interested but don’t know where to start. Start here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/342880039113964/ The ladies are super supportive and non-judgmental. We are all learning our hair together so, come on over and join the fun!!!
- I’ve also lost my creative self. I miss being creative. I miss painting. I bought two canvases months ago. Months ago…smh…untouched…sad. Well, now I’m going to return to my first love. I love painting. It liberates me. It’s an artform that allows me to push beyond my vulnerabilities. My daughters dance, my son creates BEAUTIFUL music and I paint. Stay tuned…
Oh! I’ve vowed to visit AC Moore or Michael’s weekly. I need to drag Danielle with me. LOL. That may not be such a good idea. I can see the money flying out of my pocket. SMH. Shopping with her at art stores is part of my journey of my love of art. We used to go to great lengths to exercise our creativity. I miss those days…but what’s stopping me from being me?